20060608

Pop Sharks

Pop Sharks, or just 'sharks,' have become remarkably common in the North American wilderness. Named because of their ability to 'pop' up, and leap to unexpected heights, allowing them to take down animals much larger than themselves. They have been seen hunting both alone and in packs. In an interview with one of Bolton's Bandits, the subject of Pop Sharks came up. A brief transcript follows:

RB: So you've seen these pop sharks in action?
BB: Hell yeah. It's hard to tell just by lookin' at 'em if they're hungry or not. I've been able to walk by, maybe thirty feet away, with them just staring at me. I've also had them attack out of no where. They're faster than they look. I mean, they're not fast, but faster than they look.
RB: They tend to sneak up on their prey, then?
BB: Well, like I said, their behavior is kind of crazy. You never know what they're gonna do next. We were traveling by stagecoach one day, and were laughing at one that was walking with us. It must have followed us for a mile at least, and then suddenly decided to leap up and bite this guy's head off. I don't trust 'em for shit.